Whether you are looking for Namo Buddha Car Rental on a budget, or you want to rent a car for a special event, Kathmandu Car Services will have the rental car for you.
Namo Buddha is a sacred site located in Kavrepalanchok district, approximately 40 kilometers east of Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal. It is situated on a hilltop at an altitude of 1,750 meters above sea level. The name “Namo Buddha” means “Homage to the Buddha” and the site is considered holy by both Buddhists and Hindus.
According to legend, it is the place where the Buddha, in one of his previous lives, gave his body to a starving tigress and her cubs. Today, Namobuddha is a popular pilgrimage site and a tourist destination known for its natural beauty, stunning views of the Himalayas, and several monasteries and temples.
Namo Buddha is a place of great spiritual significance for both Buddhists and Hindus, and it is also a popular tourist destination in Nepal. Here are some of the features of Namo Buddha:
- Holy site: Namo Buddha is a sacred site where the Buddha, in one of his previous lives, gave his body to a starving tigress and her cubs. The site is considered holy by both Buddhists and Hindus.
- Monasteries and temples: There are several monasteries and temples in the vicinity of Namo Buddha. The most prominent ones include the Thrangu Tashi Yangtse Monastery, Namo Buddha Stupa, and the Namo Buddha Monastery.
- Natural beauty: Namo Buddha is situated on a hilltop at an altitude of 1,750 meters above sea level, and offers stunning views of the Himalayan mountain range. The surrounding landscape is also very scenic, with lush green forests and terraced fields.
- Trekking and hiking: Namo Buddha is a popular destination for trekking and hiking enthusiasts. There are several trekking routes that lead to Namo Buddha, including the one from Dhulikhel.
- Meditation and retreats: Namo Buddha is also a place for meditation and spiritual retreats. Several monasteries and meditation centers offer programs for visitors who are interested in learning about Buddhism and practicing meditation.
- Festivals: Namo Buddha is a hub of cultural and religious festivals. The most significant festivals celebrated here include the Namo Buddha festival, the Buddha Jayanti festival, and the Mani Rimdu festival.
Overall, Namo Buddha is a place that offers a unique blend of natural beauty, spiritual significance, and cultural heritage. It is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in exploring Nepal’s rich cultural and spiritual heritage.
There are several interesting destinations near Namo Buddha that you can visit. Here are some of the nearest destinations:
- Dhulikhel: Dhulikhel is a scenic town located approximately 15 kilometers north of Namo Buddha. It is known for its panoramic views of the Himalayas and traditional Newari architecture.
- Panauti: Panauti is a historical town located approximately 10 kilometers west of Namo Buddha. It is known for its temples, shrines, and traditional Newari houses.
- Balthali: Balthali is a small village located approximately 15 kilometers southeast of Namo Buddha. It is known for its scenic beauty, tranquil atmosphere, and traditional rural lifestyle.
- Nagarkot: The distance from Namo Buddha to Nagarkot is approximately 35 kilometers (22 miles) and it takes around 1.5 to 2 hours to travel by road, depending on traffic and road conditions.
- Kathmandu: Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, is located approximately 40 kilometers west of Namo Buddha. It is known for its rich cultural heritage, ancient temples, and vibrant street life.
Namo Buddha is located approximately 40 kilometers (25 miles) east of Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal. The distance can be covered by road and takes around 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions. The route to Namo Buddha from Kathmandu passes through several scenic towns and villages, including Banepa and Dhulikhel.
The road leading to Namo Buddha is a bit rough and steep, so it is advisable to hire a four-wheel drive vehicle or a jeep. Alternatively, you can also take a local bus from Kathmandu to Dhulikhel and then hire a taxi or a jeep to reach Namo Buddha.
The cost to rent a car to Namo Buddha from Kathmandu can vary depending on the type of vehicle you choose, the rental company, and the duration of the rental. Here are some estimated costs:
- Sedan: A sedan car such as a Toyota Corolla or similar may cost around USD 70 to USD 80 per day.
- SUV: An SUV such as a Ford Eco sport or similar may cost around USD 90 to USD 100 per day.
- VAN: A Van such as a Toyota Hiace or similar may cost around NPR USD 110 to USD 130 per day.
- Toyota Coaster: A coaster such as a Toyota Coaster / Mini buses or similar may cost around USD 150 to USD 180 per day.
Please note that the above costs are only estimates, and the actual cost may vary based on the rental company, the time of the year, and other factors. It is advisable to check with the rental company for the exact cost and the terms and conditions of the rental agreement before booking the car.
Additionally, make sure to factor in the cost of fuel and any additional charges, such as tolls, parking fees, and driver fees, if applicable.
Renting a car from Kathmandu to Namo Buddha is easy and there are several options available. Kathmandu Car Services is a car rental or transportation company that offers services to Namobuddha, you can contact us to inquire about their services, rates, and availability.